So I’m sitting here waiting for the word that all is clear and we can hit the town for dinner. While I’m waiting, I think I’ll continue this little Internet-y thing going around (totally not an STD). Mike Scalise, a writer with whom I attended grad school, has just tagged me for a Seven Things. So here’s is my off-the-top-of-my-head version.
- I played high school basketball in Indiana, which was exactly like the movie “Hoosiers,” except fast-forwarded about 50 years later. My team–I swear to fucking God this is true–was named the Plainfield High School Quakers. The Fighting Quakers. My life has been one of confusion because of this.
- I’m going to Florida tomorrow. Fort Myers. And I’m not even over the age of 50.
- (Mike and Ryan Call talked about their wives within the first three things, so I think that’s a pretty good precedent.) I am living in sin with a wonderful woman, who makes things like sin extra fun. She loves the NFL and really should start a football blog. I even have a good name, which I’m not sharing because things like blog names are, in the words of Blago, fuckin’ valuable.
- I was the subject of a documentary my senior year of college. I also acted in three plays that year. During the last one, I got so far into character (asshole college student) that I flicked a lit cigarette into the audience. This displeased some.
- I went snowboarding for the first time this Christmas. Fell down a lot. As you do.
- I’m left-handed and born on August 9th. Take from that what you will.
- My secret dream is to do stand-up comedy once, just once. But I probably never will.
Okay then. Now’s the part where I have to tap seven other people, and this is really kind of embarrassing for me since the number of friends I have is roughly, like, two or something. So I’m going for some big-league taps, just to, you know, fill the list out.